1. General terms
1.2. Spatie is the controller who determines the means and purposes of the processing described below.
2. Collected personal data
2.1. Personal data communicated to us:
- Type 1: without any registration: your IP-address
- Type 2: when creating a Spatie account: your name, your email address, and password
- Type 3: when registering to the newsletter: your email address
- Type 4: data obtained by cookies placed on the website
2.2. Spatie can collect your data through different means:
- by placing cookies;
- during your registration and use of the website
3. Purposes of the processing of data
3.1. General purposes: Spatie will use the obtained personal data solely for the purposes mentioned below:
- Category 1 and 4: maintaining and improving the website and the creation of anonymous statistics (the identity of particular persons or companies will not be traceable) based on the “legitimate interest” of Front Line PHP to improve the service and website.
- Category 2: managing your Spatie account on the website to purchase the Front Line PHP Course.
- Category 3: sending direct marketing mailings, newsletters, promotions, based on your prior explicit consent. Spatie will not send any emails without permission. We always offer the option to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
You are not obliged to provide us with your data; however, in case you refuse to provide us with specific personal data, the delivery of some services will not be possible.
3.2. Direct marketing: We only use our data for direct marketing purposes, in case you have given your explicit and prior consent (“opt-in”).
Spatie may use your email address to send marketing as well as other news relating to Front Line PHP or some of the other Spatie products if you subscribed the direct mailing list with consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time, without any reasoning and free of charge by, for example, clicking on the unsubscribe button provided at the bottom of each promotional email message.
3.3. Transfer to third parties: In case of whole or partial reorganization or transfer of Spatie’s activities, whereby the Front Line PHP Course reorganizes, transfers, ceases her business activity or in case of bankruptcy of Spatie, your data may be transferred to new entities or third parties.
Spatie will use reasonable endeavors to inform you in advance of the fact that Spatie transfers your data to a third party. However, you are aware that this is not always technically or commercially possible under all circumstances.
3.4. Legal requirements: In extraordinary circumstances, Spatie may be obliged to disclose your data following a court order or to comply with mandatory law and / or regulation. Spatie will, if reasonably possible, try to inform you in advance unless revealing this information is subject to legal constraints.
4. Duration of the processing
4.1. Spatie will store your data only for a period that is necessary for the processing purpose. Your Spatie account data will be stored as long as your Spatie account is activated. In case you have subscribed to our newsletter, we will store your data as long as you have not unsubscribed without exceeding five years.
5. Your rights
5.1. Right to be informed to obtain a copy: You have the right to get at any moment access to your data without further costs, as well as to be informed about the purpose of the data processing by Spatie.
5.2. Right to rectification, erasure, and restriction: You have the choice to share your data with Spatie. You also have the right to request Spatie to rectify, delete or complement your data. You acknowledge that in the event of a refusal to share data or a request to remove these data, the download of the Front Line PHP Course may not be possible. You can also request to restrict the processing of your data.
5.3. Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your data in case you have serious and legitimate reasons to do so. Besides, you have the right to object to the use of your data for purposes of direct marketing without giving any specific reasoning.
5.4. Right to withdraw consent: In case the processing is based on prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent.
5.5. Exercise of rights: You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by email at email@example.com, provided that you add a copy of your ID card.
5.6. Automated decisions and profiling: The processing of your data does not include profiling, nor shall you be subjected to automated decisions.
5.7. Right to file a complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority:
- by post: “Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit” Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
- fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
This is without prejudice to a provision before the Civil Court. If you have suffered damages caused by the processing of your data, you are also allowed to file a claim for damages before the competent jurisdiction.
6. Safety and confidentiality
6.1. We have adopted safety measures on both technical and organizational level to avoid the destruction, the loss, the forgery, the adjustment, the non-authorized access, or the notification of the personal data by accident to a third party, as well as the non-authorized processing of these data.
6.2. Spatie shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by a wrongful or improper use of the Front Line PHP Course by a third party.
6.3. At any time, you must comply with the safety standards, for instance, by avoiding all non-authorized access to your Spatie account that is required to buy the Front Line PHP Course. You are solely responsible for the use of your own Spatie account.
7.1. What is a cookie? A “cookie” is a small text file that is sent from the server of Spatie and is stored on your computer or mobile phone when visiting our website. This way, we can remember your preferences when visiting our website. Spatie can only read the information stored through these cookies.
7.3: Different kinds of cookies used on our website.
- Essential website cookies: these cookies are necessary to give you as a visitor an optimal experience on our website. Spatie needs these cookies for some critical features like the payment of the Front Line PHP Course.
- XSRF-token: this cookie validates the user session and is necessary to guarantee safety during the website visit to avoid a cross-site request forgery. The cookie expires after 2 hours.
- Session cookie: this is a unique cookie to identify a specific website visitor for the duration of his visit (session). The cookie expires after 2 hours.
- Paddle_js cookies: cookies that are necessary for our payment integration with Paddle. These cookies are used during the checkout process when you buy the Front Line PHP Course. More information on Paddle can be found on their website: paddle.com.
- Analytics cookies: we use analytics cookies to collect information about the use of our website. These analytics cookies provide us useful information to enhance your experience and website visit. All of the analytics cookies are provided by a third-party because we have integrated their services into our website.
- _ga cookie: this is a Google Analytics cookie. We use it to measure and distinguish different users on our website. That way, we can calculate the different visitors on our website. The cookie expires after one week.
- _gid cookie: this is a Google Analytics cookie. We use this cookie to measure and distinguish different users on our website. That way, we can calculate the different visitors on our website. The cookie expires after 24 hours.
For further information about the Google Analytics cookies, we like to refer you to the statements set forth by Google on their website.
7.4 How to control and adjust your cookie settings You can always adjust your browser settings if you choose to refuse the setting of our cookies. However, keep in mind that we can’t guarantee an optimal service on the website. Please find below some documentation of the cookie settings of a few frequently used browsers.
- Cookie settings within Google Chrome
- Cookie settings within Apple’s Safari
- Cookie settings within Mozilla Firefox
- Cookie settings within Opera
8. Your permission:
When you visit our website for the first time, we will ask you to accept our different kinds of cookies. We will always offer the option to withdraw your consent.
You can block cookies by adjusting your browser settings, which allows you to deny the cookies. Refusing certain cookies can lead to the effect of not being able to use some functionalities of the website. In case you have any more questions or remarks regarding the processing of your data, you may contact us by email at email@example.com.